BATAAN FREEDOM RUN 2017
April 2, 2017
MARIVELES - SAN FERNANDO - CAPAS
FREEDOM TRAIL 2017
April 10-11, 2017
History Of Bataan Freedom Run
Race Mechanics Ultra Race:
1. The Ultra Race is composed of three (3) categories:
a. Ultra 160KM Solo
b. Mixed Team of 8 (5 male/3 female)
c. Mixed Team of 16 ( 10 Male/6 Female)
2. Race begins at 12:01 AM of April 10, 2017
3. Participants are allowed of support vehicles, one support vehicle per participant. All vehilces must registered with its make and plate no. They will be issued a car pass which is placed in front and back of the car.
4. Registration Fee
a. Solo – 3,000 pesos
b. Team of Eight – 1,500 each member
c. Team of Sixteen – 1,500 each member
5. Relay Participants will carry a lightweight LED torch which will be passed from the first member to the last
6. Relay Team of 8 members will run 20 kilometers each and no substitutions are allowed.
7. Relay Team of 16 members will run 10 kilometers each and no substitutions are allowed.
8. Each member must be at the next station already before their member arrives, the succeeding participant must register on the control tent that they will be running the next leg.
9. All Ultra Race participants will be given passports to be signed/stamped at designated control areas.
10. Control areas are placed every 10 kilometers at BDM KM Markers.
11. There will be motorcycle marshals that will monitor the progress of each relay team
12. Support vehicles can give food and aid to any participant but in no way must allow any participant to ride the vehicle. Any participant who is caught riding a support vehicle will be disqualified along with their whole team.
13. All 160KM solo participants are required to submit a medical certificate allowing them to join the event.
14. All participants are required to wear reflectors and light blinkers during night time.
15. Participants are requested to join the if they can the 75th Anniversary on April 11, 2017 at the Capas Freedom Park.
16. Winners will be awarded during the Capas Freedom March acitivities.
Event Information for Padyak para sa Kagitingan:
1. “Padyak para sa Kagitingan” is a part of the 75th Anniversary of the Bataan Death March, it is officially the event opened for bikers.
2. The “Padyak para sa Kagitingan” is open to all bicycles (Road Bike, Mountain Bike, Fat Bike, Bambike, Folding Bike (small wheels) and Fixed Gear)
3. The “Padyak para sa Kagitingan” is open to all ages and is non competitive.
4. The “Padyak para sa Kagitingan” is a historical tour of the Bataan Death March Route from Mariveles Bataan to Capas Tarlac, a total of 160 Kilometers.
5. Participants are not required to finish the whole tour. In case they cannot proceed they can move out on the designated mandatory stop areas.
6. There will be four (4) mandatory stops (every 40 kilometers), control stop areas will be placed with refreshments and medical teams.
7. There will be historical stops where a specific historical areas will be recognized and tour operators will share historical significance.
8. The “Padyak para sa Kagitingan” registration is 350Php for all categories.
9. The event proceeds will be donated to the rehabilitation of the Bataan Death March Memorial Markers
10. Security escort along the route and bike pacers will be provided.
11. The tour will be controlled by lead and tail pace groups to make sure that participants are not left behind.
12. There will be an ambulance and service vehicles that can pick up participants who cannot pedal anymore. Medical service on other hand will be attended by the medics.
1. Event day is on April 10, 2017 (Monday) and the gun start would be at 6:00 AM.
2. Participants can register on participating registration partners by paying 350 pesos and filling up the registration form and waiver.
c. Mariveles Municipal Hall
d. Balanga Capitol
e. Bataan Tourism Center
3. Online registration will also be available.
4. There will be a designated claiming for day for the commemorative shirt, arm sleeve and helmet sticker no.
5. Deadline of Registration is March 20, 2017
6. Registration fee is refundable only until before the distribution day of shirt and other items.
7. Participants are allowed to have a support vehicle as long as it will follow behind the convoy, in the designated vehicle support group.
8. Support vehicles must be registered with its plate number and will be provided a vehicle pass ID. Vehicle registration is 150 pesos.
9. Participants will be informed via text and email on updates about the event.
10. Participants allowable age is from 13 years old and up.
- 1KM Color Run
- 5KM Color Run
- 10KM Color Run
- 21KM Half Marathon
- 42KM Full Marathon
- 160KM Relay Race (team of 8) (April 10, 2017)
- 160KM Relay Race (team of 16) (April 10, 2017)
- 160KM Individual Race (April 10, 2017)
- 160KM Bike Tour (April 10, 2017)
With Co-Partnership with History Channel Asia and our Corporate Sponsors, Bataan Provincial Office, Bataan Tourism Center, Freeport Area of Bataan, FAB Investors and Locators Association, and Philippine Veterans Affairs Office
Online registration FOR THE BATAAN FREEDOM RUN 2017 IS AVAILABLE AT: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/bataanfreedomrun2017
FOR THE FREEDOM TRAIL 2017, ONLINE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE AT: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/freedomtrail2017
Accomodation packages are available at http://www.bataan.theorientalhotels.com
You can help us by donating:
For International Donations CLICK HERE:
For Local Donations Click HERE: